Friday, December 6, 2013

Taiwan 2013 pt.2

Hellllllo :D
I'm currently feeling unapologetic and I will blog with whatever I have so don't complain with the lack of food photos. I'm suppose to be taking and uploading heaps of food photos but they look so dodgy and noral so I dig into the food straight away. 

Visited grandparents and chatted more. Grandpa showed and gifted me his new "book" that collates all his paintings. Wowow I'm actually wondering where my share of the gene went :( He's gifted with good painting/drawing skills, while uncle runs and teaches at his after school art classes. I don't even know what mum does tbh, but one of the many things she does is interior and jewelry designing, shop renovating etc. Side note: I only found out that she's also a qualified nurse wtf and she taught language for grade 10, 11 and 12 in Australia and Taiwan before. Mind blowwwn. 


Grandpa's name is also listed on the top artist in Taiwan. His paintings ranges from 200,000 to 500,000 I think (I only saw it for a second so I might be +/-  100K off). Convert that to Australian, it would be around 7.1k to 17.9k. He had a few art exhibitions in Japan and accepted 3 invitations scheduled next year. The amount of skill. pls.


Popped down to the convenient store and bought myself some snacks :DDD These range from 80c to 2 dollars AU each item HAHHAHHA *eats everything* skittles were on sale, buy one get one free :D I also bought some dinner. Ready food. Don't give me a lecture about health risk and how I'm going to die early and all that. I AM FULLY AWARE. Never had the chance to eat like this in Aus so I'm taking my chance to try out some delicious looking food.


Mum made her worker get 牛肉麵 for us and it was soo delicious.



We had ginger duck on one of the nights. 


Date with Julie 5th December 2013 in EASTERN DISTRICT OF TAIPEI 
First thing that comes in my mind when someone mentions the eastern district of taipei is... "people" and "good food". It's like the area where the cool kids hang out. There are so many shops, night clubs, cafes, restaurants, malls and so on. 

There's a song called "Dong qu" (Eastern district) LOL and I think that pretty much sums up what it is. Julie and I randomly break into this song on the street HAHAHAHA Everyone should at least visit this place if they're coming to Taiwan ;)



Julie and I met up at Taoyuan train station at 10:30am, bought my tickets and as we were getting onto the station. I put in my Taipei to Taoyuan ticket by accident and it didn't let me in. Hurddur, then the guy told me I might of put the wrong one in, so I fetched out my other ticket and finally the machine read it and let me through. HAHHA I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A TRAIN IN TAIWAN WITHOUT A "GO CARD". Tbh idk where my Taiwan go card went *sigh* Such embarrass, the place was quite crowded too. Then we took MRT to get to eastern district. 

We narrowed our choice down to "Tiffany Cafe", [here] for more photos. We couldn't find it at first, even though we were sure that we're on the right street. We kind of wondered around and the waitress walked out and asked us if she could help us. Turns out, they changed the cafe name to "Backpacker's cafe" or something. Gosh. 


I was starving by then. Didn't have breakfast in the morning but we saw the photos from the blog and the serve looked really big so we only ordered one. I swear I ate 2/3 of the food on the plate.

Char-grill sirloin Benedict! IT WAS DELICIOUS OMFG ASJDLFKAJSLDKGJASLKDFJA

To convert NT to AU, divide all the digits by 26.8. Which meant..

  • Char-grill sirloin Benedict for $11.87 AU
  • Caramel Macchiato for $2.24 AU
  • Variety Fruit Roll for $5.60 AU
  • Banana Passion fruit yoghurt smoothie for $4.85 AU
We were so fulled after this. So we decided to go to Wufenpu to walk around and shop a bit. We took the MRT again, to get there. We looked through most of the shops. Here's a shot of one of the "alley". Spent a good 2 hour quickly browsing through! 


I didn't buy as much because I didn't want to carry it all the way back home on public transport. Knowing me, I get uncomfortable in crowded public places, especially when people look at you because you don't look like you live there. I only wore a t shirt and jacket with short pants and short boots. Whereas everyone else pretty much wore 3+ layers of clothes with long pants. Pls It wasn't even that cold. I was sweating on MRT and train, body heat way too strong. 

Bought the bag for 600NT. Funny thing, it was priced 680NT and I told julie "six hundred" with a nod. I asked the shop keeper and asked for a lower price and she said, "600 as you said". WOWOOWOWOW sharp ears, good english. I actually think it's worth at most 500 but they need to live too! I also managed to save some money from 2 out of the 3 clothing items I bought. 

We left Wufenpu at 4pm and took the MRT back to Eastern District to visit "Stayreal cafe" owned by a famous singer Ashin in Taiwan. Took us even longer to find this cafe with julie's phone. Navigation was so difficult in Taiwan HAHAHA no joke :\ Throughout the day, we basically walked around with our phone map open. 

Anyway, this blog site has better photos, check it out [ here ]! We were still so fulled so we only ordered drinks. Julie ordered Blue citrus rum soda and I ordered Peach rum soda.


They also gave us cream to add in, turning it into spiders :D Honestly didn't like the spiders I made though. Tasting cream in liquid is as wrong as getting surprised by tofu in a hot soup. 

As for the people we saw in the Eastern District of Taipei.... People do have fashion sense (including guys). They've got some fine guys there and they mostly hang out in 2s or more. So it's like, walking on the street BAM a group of fine looking guys with fashion sense. Oh and the girls, looking flawless like omg stahp. Though I think they'd look better if they have a more dynamic style instead of the typical asian "trend". However, only 35% of the guy and girls are like that, still better than my region. 

More winter clothes shopping at Taimall!!
The lady couldn't believe that I was 17 :( She thought I was much older HAHAHHAHA Not sure what to feel. It's like, you want to look more mature but you don't want to age so fast at the same time. When you look at the senior high students, it's hard to believe that you're around the same age as them because most of them look like middle schoolers.  

3 more days left in Taiwan. Still not sure if I should go on a 2 day 1 night trip down south with mum's friend's family. My hayhever could ruin the fun, but I don't want to miss out on this potentially awesome trip :\

that's about it for now! hope my lengthy post will make up for the days I didn't blog :)