Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Good Deed A Day

WASSSSSSSSSUP

I was thinking, I should be a good citizen and restore some people's faith in humanity :'D
I know this sounds like a lame task or something 'too big' to achieve but I guess it's worth a shot anyway.
I've always been silent and a part of the crowd that would look at someone trip and pick up their stuff. Maybe it's time to be active and go out to help people when they're in awkward situations (not THOSE awkward situations). Since this kind of situation happened to me before and it was HELLA awks

Example
le me in Taiwan large crowd
maggie drops a few coins while trying to get something out of wallet
maggie: fuq 
maggie goes to pick up the coins and looks around for other people's reaction
people around me looks at me for my reaction
maggie drops a bag
maggie: why  (o血o)
maggie picks up everything and looks around for other people's reaction
people around me looks at me for my reaction

aren't we all looking for each other's reactions?

On Friday, I went to the dentist for braces check up to see if my teeth are moving around too much/ If retainers still fit properly. After dentist, stepmum and I walked into woolies to buy watermelon. We walked out of woolies and were on our way to the car. A middle aged man was walking in front of us and flipping through his wallet to get something out. Then he dropped something that looked like a receipt. The thing is, he didn't notice that he'd dropped that and kept walking. We walked closer to the receipt and found that it was a lottery receipt (golden casket mate). Then I picked up the receipt and ran to the man with the watermelon in my arms and gave him the watermelon lottery receipt (bitch plis I ain't gonna give my watermelon away). The man was like " THANK YOU SO MUCH ", swore he had the most shockingly nice smile ever. Cause he had the stinkiest (trans from mando) face in the shopping center when he was walking. I was thinking, "whoa his smile is like the sun *___* stahp before I turn blind".

BUT THEN FUNNY THING WAS...
his daughter with an attitude : did you seriously just dropped that?

REMINDED ME OF THIS AD WE SAW ON THURSDAY NIGHT. WHERE A MAN WENT AND HUGGED HIS DAUGHTER AND SAID SOMETHING LIKE "I'LL GIVE YOU A BETTER PRESENT TO CELEBRATE FOR YOUR MARRIAGE AND GIVE YOU A BETTER START IN LIFE"
-THEY HUG-
-DAUGHTER STILL CONFUSED-
-CAMERA SHOWS THE BACKYARD AND HOUSE-
TURNS OUT THIS IS A LOTTERY ADVERTISEMENT

BET THAT THEY SAW THE SAME AD
did you yell that out in your mind? Gee tiring wasnt it?
okay that doesn't even sound funny like this ==

Anyway, it was nice getting dat sunshine-like smile. A GOOD DEED A DAY.

Today, my parents and I went to Landmark to have brunch. Dad ordered this duck/taro thing. He had a piece and was like "this tastes weird", then stepmum tried the taro and said the same thing. Then I was like, "rokay let's just leave this dish aside and eat something else". BUT NO. Dad asked one of the waiters to get the manager here.
-invisible mode ON-
"holey...did you really have to do that??"
Then .. (in mando)
dad : -to the manager- this has a strong 腥味 (a 'raw' smell). SMELL IT
manager smells it
dad : I think it's over dated, it tastes weird
manager: hmmm
manager takes the ordering sheet and crosses out that dish, signs at the bottom of the paper and said we get discount.

wat

tbh 5% wasn't much anyway -____-
I tried the dish before they took it away.
It had this taste/smell that I can't describe. Definitely not something right...probably left it overnight and reheated it? No idea. It was this foul taste/smell @@ Would still go there again but wouldn't get that dish LOL the taro tasted so ..fermented.. I drank like 6 cups (small asian ones) of tea..

We were about to leave, then we got a call from grandpa, asking if we're free to go to garbo to catch some breeze JOKES AIRCON QQ I suggested to go to sunnybank instead because garbo would probably be packed since it's the weekend. While we waited for them to arrive, we went and bought some rice at korean shop near kumon. As expected, I carried the rice (OS: too stronk) like how I carried the watermelon on Friday. Realised that I should of carry it on my shoulders, or on my head or something >___>

We met up with grandpa and grandma at the cafe next to hazel tea. Chilled and talked for a while. I ordered Iced lemon Tea Grande. Stepmum had a chat with the girl serving us, found out that the owner is Taiwanese. She told us that Iced-whatever are all bought from shops, so they don't actually make them (the coffee are fresh though).

I was waiting for the drinks, then there was a loud crashing sound. A guy slipped over near coles, he was holding wine or alcohol of some kind and dropped it. Thank goodness some guards or patrolling police or something were near so they told him to just leave the glass on the floor. Hope he's fine though, apparently it was a big slip ..

Then, trolol the evacuation alarm went off and everyone were told to leave the plaza building. We weren't sure what happened and just left. On our way out of the plaza area, we drove pass the electricity control box thing. Saw the firemen inside the box and pointing at the numbers inside. Feel bad for those who are having a meal or in line at coles. Grandparents came and we finally opened the aircon :'D


oh and
I really wanted to go to the toilet....












no photos sorry >:D
6th day of fat control challenge (shush it is)