Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pacific Rim

Pacific-freaking-rim is my favourite action movie now ok

I know I'm a few months late but at least I watched it hahahah
Wasn't too keen on it at first but the other movies seem boring

Jokes aside,
I was initially wanting to watch star trek into the darkness but happened to scroll past some reaction gifs to Pacific Rim on tumblr so I thought, "maybe I should give it a go".
LOOK AT IT, THE GRAPHICS ARE SO FINNNNEEEE
IT'S EVEN MORE HD THAN LIFE -eyegasm-


FYI I'm not a big sci fi fan
but there are a handful of good sci fi movies.
Most of the time, sci fi movies spend A LOT of time explaining and setting up the scene which is alsdgjalksdjf tiring to try to understand everything. Not to mention, some settings are too surreal and as the movie progresses, there's not much to anticipate for....uhm just sucks in general. They have these crazy theories in place and they want you to know it well in order to understand how the plot unfolds. Therefore I was hesitant to watch a sci fi movie like Pacific Rim at 11:30pm at night because I'm running on critical energy from that point on hahahahha Turns out, the movie wasn't too difficult to catch on and the ideas were actually really interesting.

Throughout the 2 hours of watching this damn epic movie, I couldn't help but say
"what the fek is this shit"
"what the fek is that shit"
"oh shit ......-moment of silence- -epic comeback- SWAAGGGGG"
and all of the reaction gifs above

They called those transformer looking machines - Jaeger
and whenever they say that word, an image of Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titans appear in my head. Then I'd remember wanting to break my screen watching Eren being a total skumbag in the anime. Made me drop the anime in 7 ish episodes. See this is why I suck at following animes so I don't even watch them anymore.

17mins into the movie, then the titles come up hahahah felt like I got slapped in the face by the producers and being told "Hey guess what, it's only just started."
Nevertheless, it was definitely one of the greatest action/sci fi movies I've ever watched. Could say it's next to or slightly above transformers 1, 2, 3 all combined. I'm going to get killed for saying that but that's my honest opinion. There are just a bit more feels in Pacific rim that are not romance based, which is hella awesome.

My favourite quotes from the movie:
  • Vengelence is like an open wound
  • It's not obedience, Mr Becket. It's respect.
  • (the whole muddatrucking opening narration)
  • We can either sit here and do nothing or we can grab those flare guns and go out there and do something really stupid.
  • Numbers don't lie, sir. Politics, poetry, promises...those are lies.
It's hard to blog about the movie and not spoil too much of it. I might as well stop here so the people who haven't watched it can go watch it now HAHAHAHHA or put it on their "to watch" list.
Link to the movie: CLICK ME

Thank me later