Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Camp Day 1

HEEELLLLO
SOZ NO PHOTOS THIS POST SINCE I LEFT MY IPOD IN MY BAG, IN A ROOM, AND HAD NO CHANCE TO GO GRAB IT BEFORE GETTING SPOTTED BY ONE OF THE KIDS .....AND THEY START ASKING ME IF THEY COULD COME OR TAKE THEM BACK TO CLASSROOM AND GRAB THEIR SUNSCREEN, WATER BOTTLE ETCETC...this is going to be a long block of text 

so with me please

I got to the temple at around 7:45 in the morning and was kinda wondering where I should head off to, then I saw Fred, Mathias, Oliver and Nick getting out of their car and so I started following them and we walked to the dining hall. Then, we had breakfast and walked to the conference room at around 8 tish. After all the intro talk and friendly note on how to handle the kids, we were sent off to stand at the entrance of the temple to greet the kids and their parent. I was allocated to be in Group 1 along with 4 (+1 sunday) other group leaders, we just stood around and tried to find the kids in our group. Not to mention that there were 6 groups in total and us alone, we have 18 little kiddies.

By the time we rounded up 18 of them, we were all bored out of our minds because these kids were OUT OF CONTROL D:
like legit,
group 1 and group 2 (troliver is in this one) had the little kiddies ranging from 3 to 10...
ohmygoodnet they were cute as but they are extremely shy and have limited vocabulary.
WHICH MEANS, I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH THEM YEYEYEYEYEYEYE :D
At first, some were crying because their caregivers (grandparents, parents etcetc) left, some were extremely quiet and some were probably hyperactive and super energetic and rather restless. Every time we try tell them to do something, they either don't hear us (because of super energetic kids) or they are just spacing out and wondering what to do.

Our kids at the opening ceremony were super disruptive and we had some leaders sit in between naughty kids. It was still really hard to keep them still, considering that some speeches were in fact, not very amusing and I didn't think that they would be able to BEAR with it for long.

We went back to the classrooms to get the hats and put on some sunscreen. Enya came up to me and asked me to put on sunscreen for her.. then this other child wanted me to do something else and another leader went up to Enya so I thought I was out of it. NUP, Enya comes up to me with her sunscreen bottle and asks me to put it on for her. Le me awkwardly rubs sunscreen on her (like not leave any white spots), whilst trying to estimate how much is needed for her exposed (to sun) area. =___=

 Then we went to get ready to do some outdoor activities after morning tea. Some couldn't even hop so it was very cute and HAHHA < evilness. Group 2 was super good at keeping them in 1 or 2 lines....meanwhile in group 1 -> 6 lines >__>

But I swear these small kids are so cute >___< especially when they hold your hands and swing their arms (bonus point for cuteness).

Lunch.
I switch off and got really really tired and sleepy T__T

We tried to get them to sing for tomorrow's performance but turns out that group 1 has nearly 0 confidence in singing whatsoever. So they're just going to hold up letter signs and let group 2 do all the singing :L

Next, we did activities that required us to move the kids around to different stations. First we went to the hearing station. With mathias trying to get the kids to do chinese whispers.
FAILS.
Most of them forgot what the message was, or that the person before just cant whisper without dribbling and spitting in someone else's ear. Some of them couldn't understand English/Chinese that well so overall we just gave up on trying to get them to play the game.

Then we went to all other stations and it was alright ish for them to participate without confusion and arguments. I must say, there were two very very monster-like brothers who could not stop fighting and being noisy.

Tea time.
a terrible, terrible mistake. Never ever ever ever ever give them icecream without any napkins or something to cover up their shirt/pants.
leaders and the 18 kids and me make our way back to classroom after tea time.
Yen (age 6): maggie, I have chocolate on my shirt :c can you clean it for me?
Me: let's go clean it
Yen: -takes my hand and we walk to toilet-
Me: -trying to get rid of chocolate stains- how did you get chocolate on your shirt?
Yen: I don't know
Me:  I can't get all of it off right now, tell your mummy to wash your clothes when you see her okay?
Yen: okay :D
Me: -sighs in relief-
Charlee: maggie can you clean the chocolate off my shirt?
Me: .... klejwktaejtlkwjtaklwjte okay sure I'll try my best......

fuuuu cleaning dem chocolate stains with water, i'm not pedo worthy.

Dropping a note:
There's this little boy that looks like my step brother AND SPEAKS LIKE HIM AND THEY THINK ALIKE D:
Brings back the memories I had when I told bed time stories to my brother and stroked him to sleep. He's so understanding, straightforward and cute. Best brother I could ever ask for, even though we're not fully related. Now he's all kind grown and more independent and we don't live as close together in Taiwan. Anyway, being with that little boy makes me feel like a sister again and it is a feeling that I've missed and wished to have back.

dead tired atm

MAGGGGGIGGGGGIEEEEEEEE  :D