Sunday, September 15, 2013

Wet n Wild + Southport

HELLLLO EVERYONE !
I'm back in brissy. Can't explain how much I miss this place (even though I've only been away for 1 day and a bit). South port was super foreign to me and navigating alone was hectic. I'm really worn out but it was worth it. I shall blog linearly, that should be easier to follow through.

Saturday
Met up with Victoria at Cultural to catch the train to Helensvale. Vic was late because she couldn't find her ID card that was in her pocket. I can't even (but she bought me a drink instead so all gee LOLOLOLOL). We still managed to make it to the station and catch the train we were planned to get on. Then we caught the bus to go to Wet n Wild. There were so many Japanese people, about 95% of the passengers were Japanese. We hopped off the bus and thank goodness they didn't get off HAHHAHA because that means more people at Wet n Wild, more queue time and less fun.

Just a heads up. The last time I went to Wet n wild was when I was about 4 or something LOL IDK but dad told me that he and mum took me there back when I was very little.

We got our Gold pass and bought the lockers and saved money into our wristband. I had this mini internal conflict on whether or not I should just wear bikini or wear something over it but at last I just hashfag yolo it and go without something over it. I'm pretty self conscious and all that because I have tiger stripes if you know what I mean. I gained fat all of a sudden #puberty around my bum so I have dem tiger stripes (no it's not zebra, IT'S TIGER BECAUSE I SAID SO). Now I'm just like, meh whatevs I can't hide them 5ever.

SOSOSOSO. We walked around and found the whirlpool springs! It was cloudy at that time so we thought we should get warmed up first but nahah. BAD DECISION. It was so cold when we got out omg. Next stop, we went on Mammoth Falls because we don't need to carry those raft-like things up the stairs #lazy. It sucked for me because I couldn't see shit :( I was just going down with my back faced towards where we were going. It was pretty chill and relaxing but the water was freaking cold compared to whirlpool springs. We were a bit hyped up so Victoria and I went to black hole which was labelled as one of the "thrill ride". Honestly, it wasn't that scary and "thrilling" but not too shabby. We screamed "ATAR 99" until we reached the bottom, though I don't know what it sounded like to the lifeguards at the top. It was so fun inside that we decided to go again but on the other "tube" and huehuehue it was fun. The climb with the stupid heavy raft was worth.

I'm not sure about the order of the rest of the rides we went on, so I'll just arrange them in order:
Thrill Rides:
- Blackhole
(talked about this)
- Kamikaza
Oh my goodness this ride. Here I went down with my back faced towards the part where we fall down. I actually prefer that side because I really can't see how steep it was HAHAHAHHAHA Honestly felt like I was flying off. I'd say this is the most thrilling ride in Wet n Wild. Didn't last long but it was super thrilling and I felt a bit dizzy afterwards.

- Mach 5
We went on the side ones first and there are soo many bumps I can't even. It was similar to mammoth falls so it was meh.  Wait what? the middle three solo lanes? WORST RIDE EVER. Okay here's what happened. Victoria and I were thinking to race each other down but she went down straight away when I was still asking the lifeguard if I was in the right position LOL By the time I made sure that I had reduced the risk of me hurting myself from the ride, Victoria already took off and left me up at the top still confused about where I should place my hands. I quickly followed up and holy shimolly my back hurts so bad. You could feel the joint of the slide scraping your back every second it was horrible. I couldn't even think about how steep I was going. When we met each other at the bottom, we said "OWHH" before anything else. Our backs were red and burning. Please fix this.

- Tornado
AHHAHA This one....
Well the raft was really heavy so the duo couple behind us helped us carry our raft up to the top. ILY stranger! Pretty much they helped us because we were in the way though but still super grateful for their help. Lesson Learnt, hire guys or super strong women to carry raft next time. And again, I had my back faced down so I couldn't see how steep it was. but it was pretty fun in general. Though the raft carrying experience was painful. My legs and arms omg.


Rides:
- Constrictor
It was chill as because we went on Kamikaza etc before this so this was nothing compared to the others. Victoria and I did the mushroom and rolling method to carry our raft up the path. It was a pretty long ride so I guess the walking and waiting was worth. Oh we waited for this ride because we went on this ride much later in the day when there were a bit more people but still not many.

- Aqualoop
I WANTED TO GO ON THIS ONE TOO BUT IT WAS CLOSED :(

- Flow Rider
I can't surf. End of story.

- Mammoth Falls
(talked about this)

- River rapids
heheheh....
I was thinking to go to the enclosed one but when I saw the entrance to the tunnel... NAH CHANGED MY MIND. The water was legit 2/3 of the tunnel I don't want to suffocate and drown. Yes I could also be a bit claustrophobic. The opened ones were so calming and really fun :D

- Skycoaster
...ok fine I am a pussy I'm scared of this ride so I didn't even think about going on it.
Next time....I will conquer it -victory pose-

- Super 8 
This one was super lame. I bounced and flew a bit on my way down wtf I'm doing this wrong. The kids were like super excited and just dived down the instant they got to the top then there's me, super tired from all the walking.

- Surfrider
THIS WAS CLOSED :(
next time...

- Zip Line
THIS WAS CLOSED TOO :(
next time...

Family Fun
- Buccaneer Bay
We only walked pass this to get to another ride.

- Calypso Beach
IT WAS CLOSED
Don't think I'd bother go there because the only thing I'll get from it is sunburn.

- Giant wavepool
We went in and out of wavepool about 4 to 5 times in between rides. It was soososososo fun without the sea taste to it.

- Whirlpool Springs
(talked about this)

So you can say that we've basically been on all the ones we're physically capable of doing. Plz skycoaster looks too badass. At 2:40, I was super sleepy and tired so I opt out and wanted to go shower and change out of swimwear (it was getting colder). We chilled about for an hour or so near the wavepool and left the place at 4:45.

Photo or it didn't happen:
LOL psh what were you expecting

Look at how blek I am just from 1 day. I have a light tan line even though I applied 50+ sunscreen fml AND it was a cloudy day. Stronger UV but less sunlight. Still gets blek. Wonder what november onward would be like.. 

Southport
I have terrible sense of direction so I rely heavily on the translink website and google map when I venture out to new places. I managed to take the right bus from Wet n Wild and got off at the right stop (it was dark-ish so it was hard to recognise the area). The bus driver was really nice and offered everyone on the bus some candy. I didn't take one because I didn't have time to think and process this unusual situation. p.s. my natural reflex is generally a no (with a smile). I also learned that a banana is a herb. Driver 10/10. The second bus I took,came extremely late so I just waited there and refreshed the translink page every 3 minute to check the bus status #panic #Ididn'tknowwhereiwas #phonelowbattery On top of that, there were people walking in packs, loooking like they're on their way to a bar or night club. So I'm like carrying 2 bags, pretending to be super occupied with my phone but secretly panicking and hoping that the bus will come soon. By the time I got on the bus, it was pretty much night time so I couldn't even guess out where I was visually. Thankfully, translink web has this thing that tracks where you are and all that so I got off at the right stop #onlyfoundthatoutonsecondbus Needless to say, public transportation are too complicated and sometimes more inconvenient. 

Skip this if tl; don't want to read:
Finally met up with mum and we went to her apartment and we chilled and talked. She told me how she felt about everything and it was just so emotional :( One of the many things she told me was that she felt distant from me even when we're together and she doesn't know how she should approach me because she hasn't been in my life for a long period of time. We don't spend that much time together so our interactions are quiet awkward. I agreed with her and told her that I don't know what it is like or what I should do or act when I'm with her. It sounds so silly. Yet it is a feeling or interaction that we're both very foreign to. 

She was afraid that I'd hate her and develop this uncontrollable desire to be loved (and throw myself into relationships over and over again to be hurt). Turns out, her living presence had been my emotional support over the years. Oh and I'm also pretty darn realistic and self protective after seeing and experiencing that getting head over heels in love is just plain stupid and destructive. Sorry if I offend anyone but the truth is the truth. We talked about so many things and it was like a massive confession hour filled that pretty much drained all my emotions away from me.. which is great because I need to stop using emotions on anime and random sad youtube videos and focus on school. 

Keep reading
Woke up the next day and did some physics notes #crii #physicsissohard. Yes one of the 2 bags was for my laptop and phone charger etc AHHAHAH -facepalm- We went and had lunch at the coffee club afterwards. Mum's friend drove me to Helensvale to catch the train so I don't have to wait at Southport for a bus to take me there :'D Arrived back at South bank and caught the bus back home. 

SO 
MUCH
TRAVELLING
AND
STRESS 
(from being scared of getting lost)

I feel tired again from thinking about it...
Will be calling it a night very soon
zzzzzz